Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Greatest Challenge Ever!

OK blog fans... it's Game On! We are 1 day away from the World Series of Eating known as Thanksgiving Day. Turkeys are defrosting, desserts are being baked, and those of us on diets are crapping our pants.
I've been sweating this day for a while now, but then I realized that I was awesome and I stopped worrying. True story. No really. Need proof? Gaze at my hairy legs (and feet) and the scale beneath them!





That's right people, I officially cracked the 200 pound barrier last week and have officially reached my goal weight well ahead of schedule. Back in February I was north of 250 and wanted to reach 200 by Christmas. Well I kicked those first 50+ pounds square in the nuts and now it's time for Phase II. I have decided to launch myself head-first into the most ridiculous, crazy, insane challenge ever concocted by a fat man.

I am challenging myself to lose weight over the holidays. Boom!

The rules are simple, I will weigh myself on Thanksgiving morning and again when I return home from Christmas break in New Hampshire (January 2nd). The goal is to show an overall weight loss during the "Holiday Season", generally regarded as the hardest thing to do in the universe. Can it be done? Is the artist-formally-known-as-a-FatMan up to the challenge? To be honest I don't know, but if I pull this off a celebration will definitely ensue.

So how about you? Do you think you're up to the challenge? Drop me a line on Facebook or here on this blog if you want to join up. Let's all take this Holiday Season head-on, kick it in the teeth and start the New Year a little smaller than we currently are.

1 comment:

  1. I'm wiling to give it a a go. Though you do weigh less than I do at this point. :-). But seriously, congrats on the weight loss. I know it's been difficult.

    ReplyDelete