Thursday, November 29, 2012

One Week Down

OK, so I know you're all dying to know how I manged during the Thanksgiving weekend and the results are... well... um... damn it.

I woke up on Thursday morning and gave myself my official starting off point for this Greatest Challenge Ever:
Thursday morning weight- 200 pounds even. Perfect. Nice round number.

The actual gorge-fest known as Thanksgiving Day was not that bad. I sure as hell didn't count calories because I don't know anyone who has that much free time. On MyFitnessPal have to input most homemade things ingredient by ingredient. I don't know if you've ever broken down your basic casserole dish before but it's a long, long list of things that I really don't want to know about. I just want to taste the rainbow of deliciousness and move the *bleep* on. And I did. I made a big ol' plate full of everything I could get my hands on and it was freaking awesome and it felt great. Sure I probably crossed the 1500-calorie barrier, but that's OK because from Thursday night into the wee hours of Friday morning yours truly was shopping up a storm.

Oh and how we shopped! The wife and I did it all, Toys R Us, WalMart, and of course the mall. I can't imagine we burned a lot of calories walking around, but the energy it took just to keep my ass up and awake for nearly 24 consecutive hours must have counted for something right?

Friday morning weight- 201.4 pounds. Not bad. I can totally manage this.

After a rousing 3 hour nap/sleep on Friday we got up and believe it or not went back shopping again. Then we went home and started hanging Christmas decorations. Again... not exactly running a marathon but dragging my butt around on practically no sleep has to be burning calories somehow.

Saturday morning weight- 198.6. Woot! I win! I am going to kick this challenge in the nuts!

The next couple days were relaxing. Putting up the rest of the decorations, doing laundry, watching football and eating a normal amount of food.

Monday morning weight- 201.4. Huh?

No big deal, because now I'm back at school and running around chasing 5th Graders. And as all teachers know, it's way easier to stay on a diet at school because you're so busy. I'll dip back under 200 pounds in a couple days

Thursday morning weight- 201.4. Well shit.

So to recap... I made it through Thanksgiving just fine... but the week after Thanksgiving has been my downfall despite the fact that I haven't gone off the diet.

Welcome to the holidays... this is going to be harder then I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment