Thursday, December 6, 2012

Baby Steps

Well gang, we are two weeks past Thanksgiving! Two weeks into the Holiday Season, which means we're two weeks into the Greatest Challenge Ever. How are all of you doing? Anyone out there lost any weight? Stayed even at least? Not to brag or anything, but as of this morning I'm down 2 pounds since Turkey Day. A little off my normal pace, but at this time of year I think we all feel a bit like Bob here:

Yes Bob, baby steps indeed. Followed by lots of screaming and cursing. I forgot how hard it was to stay on any kind of diet in December. And temptation comes from the weirdest places. Take for instance my school's annual Fall Festival. My wife brings the kids so they can play a few games, win some cheap prizes and raise a few bucks for my school. My kids? They play the Cake Walk. (imagine musical chairs but when the music stops, they call a number. If you're standing on the number you win a baked good) My daughter? Wins a dozen cupcakes on her first attempt. Friggin' fabulous.

The good news? WalMart brand cupcakes with frosting are only 200 calories. They are also amazingly delicious if it's been a few months since you've eaten anything remotely bad for you. Not terrible, but not exactly conducive to weight loss.

This weekend we're attending the first of several Christmas parties. The food at these things is bad enough (from a caloric standpoint) but the real joy of these parties is the copious amounts of fermented beverages that one can procure. As it turns out... those little bastards are worse for you then cupcakes and fruitcake. So I get to go to parties but in addition to not being able to eat what I want... I'll have to do it sober.

Well fa la la la la, la kiss my ass.

Remember folks... baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment