Monday, October 15, 2012

Quick Hits

Since it's been a while since my last post, and I don't have anything major to say I thought I'd give you lovely readers a couple of quick thoughts that nicely sum up the last few weeks:

* Eating dinner at McDonalds and staying under your calorie goal for the day should be an Olympic event. As I sadly slumped out of the restaurant, it would have been nice to hear some applause... the National Anthem playing in the background... maybe a German and a Canadian on either side of me.

*Since this whole thing began back in February I've now lost 44 pounds. That is the equivalent of my 6-year old son. I have lost a 6-year old... and I still have to lose my 4-year old daughter to reach goal weight. Crapsticks!

*Today during our teacher duty day a local church brought in some breakfast. I deftly maneuvered around the danish. I danced gracefully past the almond ring. I slid silently past the bagels. The banana nut muffin however kicked me right in the nuts while I wasn't looking. I was powerless to stop it. Thankfully the muffin rang up at only 200 calories so I think I'm OK.

*Also during my duty day I had a meeting with some administrators who brought a box of Dunkin Donuts. There I was eating my guilt-riddled banana nut muffin, and a box of light, fluffy Dunkin Donuts was mere feet from me. I couldn't even look at the box because if there happened to be a maple-glazed donut in there, I might have exploded like Pacino at the end of Scarface. I'm a fragile man folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment